[Dxspider-support] Spot forwarding Filtering

Allen arharvie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 10:29:46 BST 2015

Hi all,

Have setup my DXCluster node under CentOS 6.6
Installed and worked as expected. A clean process.

Node = VK3HRA-2
Address = dxcluster.parksnpeaks.org
Port = 7300

Set-up two peer nodes and seeing spots as expected.
Thanks to Anthony (N2KI) & Keith (GU6EFB).

I'm using this site to send local WWFF spots into the wider world. This
is working well. WWFF in VK has a lot of European fans so meeting a
existing market.

Now I would like to add SOTA spots to my node. The problem here is the
spots will propagate into the wider world. I personally don't see this
as a problem. I would like the SOTA spots on my node to allow logging
programs to have access to the WWFF, DX and SOTA info. But when I read
arounf the subject it appears not all are keen on SOTA being published
through the DXCluster network.

So two questions:
1) How can I set-up my local node to selectively forward spots ?
2) Is there a problem with sending SOTA spots into the DXCluster network ?

Thanks

Allen
VK3HRA