[Dxspider-support] Support volunteer?

Michael G. Carper mike at wa9pie.net
Sat Mar 28 18:44:07 GMT 2015

After suffering a minor calamity with my OS. I ended up making a copy of my
installation and reinstalling the OS.

After that, I basically copied the spider directory over. installing EPEL
(now 6.8, I think). re-creating the users. configuring the group. fixing the
permissions. opening up Internet access. configuring the firewall. and
configuring it for auto-start.

Hmm. I think that's everything.  HOWEVER. it doesn't look like the service
will start (or stay started).  If I type "start dxspider", it responds with
"dxspider start/running, process 1523".  That would lead me to believe that
the process is running.  But I can't connect.

Anyone have any thoughts?  Offer of assistance?

Mike, WA9PIE

WA9PIE-2 (hrd.wa9pie.net)