[Dxspider-support] Dupefile missing after reboot

Tobias Wellnitz tobias.wellnitz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 20:18:44 GMT 2015

Hey,

for quite a while DXSpider was working here at DXHeat without any problems.
But recently, whenever I reboot the system, the file /spider/data/dupefile
is missing. This keeps dxspider from starting. The log shows the following
message:

----snip----

Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
US Database not loaded
starting listeners ...
Internal port: localhost 27754 using IntMsg
External Port: 127.0.0.1 8000 using ExtMsg::login
load badwords: Ok
Starting Dupe system

Only manually creating the file allows then spider to correctly start up.

My understanding was that the file would be automatically created when it's
not there.

Anybody had a similar issue?

I'm running: DXSpider V1.55 build 0.145 under Ubuntu 14.04, 64bit.

73 Tobias
EA4/DH1TW