[Dxspider-support] Daily user disconnections

ei6iz.Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 22:47:01 BST 2016

It's been bugging me for a while that ei7mre seems to kick off users every
day, despite the cluster remaining running
Today I did a bit of digging and this seems to coincide exactly with the
cronjob that  is run by the system  from
cmd/crontab at 3AM
the offending entry appears to be

0 3 * * * Spot::daily()

is this because the job called is taking too long and it's in the main
thread? or do I have a problem elsewhere I should be investigating?
Do I risk really messing things up if I change the schedule of this job to
run at a time when I might be awake, to allow me to do a bit more debugging

ei7mre runs on a Centos7 VM with adequate resources (20G of SSD backed
Storage, 1G ram)  and the dxspider process never actually crashes (up-time
is 250 days at present)
ei7mre typically has ~ 140 Users at weekends these days and never feels in
the least bit sluggish, very light CPU load (0.04) most of the time

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ