[Dxspider-support] set local sysop as node by mistake

Joe Reed joe at n9jr.com
Wed Dec 14 01:01:31 GMT 2016

Erwin,

I feel your pain.  I have had this happen to me before on several occasions.  And I don’t remember making any node changes.  Oh well, karma.  I have found the only way to recover is the nuclear option.  Yes, create_sysop.pl has been the only way I could recover.  But you can benefit from my prior painful lessons.  Before you take it down and run create_sysop.pl, create a text file to set up your node partners and pre-register known good system users.  The contents being:

set/spider <node partner>
set/register <known good user>

Once you are back up just paste the contents into the console command window and you will be good to go.

In fact I need to do it myself.  Probably shot myself in the foot when I had set up another node to populate a MySQL database with spots for analytics.

73,
Joe N9JR