[Dxspider-support] Build Questions

Ian Maude maudeij at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 18:17:47 GMT 2016

Hi Ed,
The page here…

http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/Linux_Installation

has all the basics in order.  You should end up with a /home/sysop
folder (i.e. the sysop user) and a symlink for /spider.
You start it all as the root user until the documents tell you otherwise :-

Like this under Setting callsigns etc..

'Now login to your machine as the user you created earlier. In my case
that user is called 'sysop’.’

You then issue commands as that user, as described.  If you just
follow the wiki, step by step, you should have a working version of
Spider in no time :)

73 es HNY

Ian