[Dxspider-support] Retrieving spots

Martin Davies G0HDB g0hdb at amdavies.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 22:54:17 BST 2016

On 28 Jun 2016 at 17:47, Ian Maude wrote:

> Hi all,
> I want to retrieve a readable list of all the spots from the WPX
> contest from my cluster.  What is the best way to go about it?
>
> 73 Ian

Hi Ian, I believe the command 'sh/dx day' is the one to try; the command reference manual
explains the syntax (under the 'sh/dx' heading).

I tried it several months ago - one of the users of GB7DXC-5 wanted to get a list of all the
15m spots from a contest last October so we used the command 'sh/dx/9999 day 3/4 on
15m' and it seemed to produce a list of around 6,500 spots covering the two days of the
contest that I was able to save as a file for the user to peruse.

I guess using the aforementioned command will result in you getting a list of all the spots
within the specified time window but presumably most of them would be associated with the
WPX contest anyway so that might not be a problem for you.

Hope that helps,

--
73, Martin G0HDB

---