[Dxspider-support] DXSpider on Raspberry Pi - upgrading O/S to Jessie

Martin Davies G0HDB g0hdb at amdavies.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 22:57:29 GMT 2016

Hello all, the GB7DXC-5 node is running DXSpider (v1.55 build 0.175) on a Raspberry Pi
Model B+ with the 2015-05-05 version of 'wheezy' as the operating system and with the root
filesystem on a USB hard disk.  The Pi runs headless so all sysadmin access to it is via SSH.

I believe the support for 'wheezy' is being (or perhaps already has been) discontinued so it
looks like it's time to upgrade the O/S on the R-Pi to the latest 'jessie' version.  I could start
afresh with a clean image of 'jessie' and then reinstall DXSpider and make the other changes
to put /dev/root onto the USB disk but I would much prefer to do an in-situ upgrade of the
O/S.

Has anyone already done the upgrade from 'wheezy' to 'jessie' with an R-Pi running
DXSpider?  If you have, what process did you follow - if at all possible I'd like to follow a
process that has already been tried and tested!

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can give,

--
73, Martin G0HDB

---