[Dxspider-support] Spider continues to freeze and/or restart on its own

Michael Carper, Ph.D. mike at wa9pie.net
Tue Mar 22 22:25:03 GMT 2016

Good point, actually.

More often than not, it freezes up for a period of time... the users all
get disconnected... and after the system is no longer frozen, the node
shows no change in uptime.

In about 10 percent of cases, the system freezes... users get
disconnected... and when the system is back, it shows that it was just
restarted (though the server itself was not restarted; which is what my
original image showed).

During the time when the node is frozen, I'm also unable to login to the
Linux server itself.

So what I could do is remark-out some of these things and try to see if the
problem goes away.  (I stuck MAILTO statements in there and they didn't
generate emails).

Mike, WA9PIE