[Dxspider-support] Spider continues to freeze and/or restart on its own

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 17:01:31 GMT 2016

On 23/03/16 09:32, Kjell Jarl wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a similar way to let the connects go to the background, that
> else has to time out for a non-responsive node?
> 73

In theory, connects should happen "in background", but it looks as
though this isn't always the case. I think what is going is that the
"hanging" is actually waiting for a DNS server to provide an answer,
rather than the connect itself waiting. The connect is started
"non-blocking".

This may be better addressed in the "mojo" branch of the code, for those
that are feeling adventurous. However, I can't guarantee it as the USP
of this branch is that all of the networking infrastructure has been
converted to use the "Mojolicious" perl web framework. If you want to go
there you will need to "cpanm EV Mojolicious Mojo::IOLoop::ForkCall" (I
think that's all) before running that branch. There are no other
instructions. You can change branches back and forth between "master"
(the one [nearly] everyone is on) and "mojo" and just restart the node
in between swaps.

However, it doesn't address the crontab spawn issue (just because it
hasn't bitten me yet). It ought to. I will probably change that over the
Easter holidays.

For what it is worth GB7DJK has been running on this branch for some time.

Dirk G1TLH