[Dxspider-support] Modifying Console.pm to highlight a DX spot

Martin Davies G0HDB g0hdb at amdavies.demon.co.uk
Thu May 19 22:55:17 BST 2016

Hello all, I hope someone can help me...

I've been tinkering with the Console.pm file in /spider/local to redefine some of the text
colours and also to define a new alert (ie. a talk msg to the console callsign) but have been
unable to implement one of the things I want to try.

I'd like to be able to highlight on the console screen a DX spot that's originated by a particular
callsign, and have tried adding each of the following lines in turn into Console.pm but neither
of these has worked - a DX spot by the designated callsign (eg. G9XYZ) is displayed in
exactly the same default text style as all other DX spots:

	[ '^DX de G9XYZ [\-A-Z0-9]+:\s+([57][01]\d\d\d\.|\d\d\d\d\d\d+.)', COLOR_PAIR(7) ],

	[ '^DX de G9XYZ', COLOR_PAIR(7) ],

What am I doing wrong, and can anyone suggest what to add into Console.pm to achieve
what I want?

73 and thanks in advance,

---
Martin, G0HDB