[Dxspider-support] MRTG help please.

Rene Olsen rene.chr.olsen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 09:54:54 GMT 2016

Hi.

To save some money I am in the proccess of moving dxspider from a standalone PC to a
VPS.

The VPS is running debian 8 (Jessie) 64 bit.

I have spider up and running, and am trying to get mrtg to work as well.

I am having some problems with that, and I am not sure if I am missing som perl modules or
something.

When I start spider I get no errors about any modules missing.

I have followed the mrtg install manual step by step, and also compared to the old system,
which is working just fine.

When I run mrtg all from the console, the .log files that should be created inside /spider/mrtg
is not updated. The files proc, hfspots, totalspots, totalusers and so on is updated though.

There is no error messages in the debug file when running the mrtg all command either.

There is a mrtg.lock file created, and it seems like mrtg hangs somewhere, since this lockfile
is never removed again.

When I run mrtg all on the old setup, I can see the lock file being created, and then after
some seconds it goes away again.

When I go to the homepage, all I see are empty boxes instead of graphs.

Any ideas what I have done wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

René / OZ1LQH