[Dxspider-support] usdb and dxqsl not working?

Rene Olsen rene.chr.olsen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 18:00:06 GMT 2016

Hi.

Just as I thought everything was working like it should I can see that sh/usdb and sh/dxqsl
doesn't seem to work.

It looks to me like the file qsl.v1 is not even being updated anymore.

Should this not just happen automatically?

Or does a db need to be created for it to work.

The docs really don't mention much about it.

Hopefully it is not something with the format of the qsl.v1 after I have moved from the old 32
bit machine running perl 5.6.1 to the current 64 bit system running perl v5.20.2.

Any idea what I have to do to get sh/usdb and sh/dxqsl to work again?

I would really hate to loose all the information in the qsl.v1 file, since it has been gathering
data for a lot of years.

I have of course downloaded the usdb file and done a create_usdb.pl and afterwards a
load/usdb.

But whenever I do a sh/usdb request I am just being told that it isn't found.

sh/usdb k3zo
K3ZO    -> Not Found

sh/usdb w3lpl
W3LPL   -> Not Found

And sh/dxqsl returns this:

sh/dxqsl 5h1ww
Call           Manager   Times  Last Time Seen      De
Sorry, but key: 5H1WW was not found in QSL

I have no idea what I have done wrong. Everything just worked on the old system.

Vy 73 de René / OZ1LQH