[Dxspider-support] Issues when trying the mojo branch

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 22:51:03 GMT 2017

I have had the opportunity to put a clean copy of the software onto a
new computer running perl 5.22.x. There seems to be a difference in
behaviour which may explain some of the problems with initialising (some
of) the necessary global variables that are used to locate directories
and such like.

The code has been pushed to the git repo for you to try. Please report
back one way or the other. It's just a rearrangement of a few statements
in two modules but these later perls seem to be rather fussy about
global variables and how they are declared.

Dirk

On 06/01/17 23:31, Gunnar Widell via Dxspider-support wrote:
> I was able to start the mojo branch by creating a softlink from the
> root /log, to /home/sysop2/spider/local_data/log/
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    35 Jan  7 00:08 log ->
> /home/sysop2/spider/local_data/log/
>
> After creating the softlink, the node starts, but still show those
> errors I reported earlier.
> However I think it seams to be running fine.
>
> Also think there is a small error in the UPGRADE.mojo description.
> The line with:
>         # the interval between unsolicited prompts if not traffic
>          $user_interval = 11*60;
>
> should NOT be removed I think?

No - it should not be removed. I am going to revisit the instructions in
the next few days and that will updated.