[Dxspider-support] Autostart

Ed autek at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 13:46:17 GMT 2017

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 12:16:04 +0000
Dirk Koopman via Dxspider-support <dxspider-support at dxcluster.org>
wrote:

> While this works it has one very big downside. It runs the node as
> root. A quick scan through the installation manual will tell you that
> I STRONGLY recommend that you DON'T run the software as root.

I should and do know better than to run as root. But it just did not
register what I was doing when I added it to rc.local.

The cluster is shutdown for now and will remain so until I correct the
situation.

Bill, W6WS posted a link to his PDF on building on a Pi3, which I will

Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways, I will report back to the
group when I get things squared away.

Ed W3NR