[Dxspider-support] vk7hdm-2 dxspider

Danny Moss moss_danny at ymail.com
Mon Jul 17 12:55:23 BST 2017

Hi Peter, Tom, Dirk and dxspider support

First of thank you for all the help and support  from those who tried to
help me get my dxspider up and running again.

Very much appreciated.

After long nights and rebuild of my system  after its hard drive died I
could not get dxspider to work again

as reported with all the help, We came to the conclusion  one of the
Perl module on the new install was at fault.

After trying to repair the new install of dxspider I Could not solve the
problem

After many new fresh wipe the new hard drive and rebuild the whole
server still dxspider had the same problem and would not run

if my frustration and confusion, I even formatted my config file back up
drive. ops.

The system I was trying to install was Debian 9 (stretch)  from a fresh
CD ISO from Debian site everything worked but not dxspider.

Anyway to cut a long story short after rereading on of the email replies
which was trying to help I saw the install was from Debian 9 DVD ISO

So I downloaded the DVD ISO  after many many downloads of the CD ISO and
trying.

I wiped the new HDD and installed Debian 9 from the DVD ISO

setup all the server side and then into dxspider  well wouldn't you know
it worked first go first go.

I have installed dxspider many time with out any trouble.

cause of the problem I DON'T know apart from a Perl module. On the CD
ISO I did all the scans and check before using it and the many new
downloads after.

hope this helps somebody else.

Again thank you to those who offered help

if you had a link to my dxspider VK7HDM-2  please check to see if I have
the link set back up if not please let me know
if you would like a like also let me know

Kind Regards
Danny
VK7HDM
VK7HDM-2 DXSPIDER              203.39.216.133 7300
VK7HDM-4 FPAC                      203.39.216.135
VK7HDM-6 JNOS                     44.136.224.32 / 203.39.216.132
VK7HDM-9 FBB BBS                 FPAC,  203.39.216.135  6300
VK7HDM-12 BPQ BBS
VK7HDM-14 BPQ NODE