[Dxspider-support] RASPI3 problems.

Rob Roschewsk pabutusa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:21:49 BST 2018

Running:

RASPI3 with TNCPI (kiss TNC HAT)
Raspbian GNU/Linux 9
Kernel 4.14.30-v7+ #1102 SMP
DXSpider V1.55 build 0.197
ax25-apps 0.0.8-rc4-2
ax25-tools 0.0.10-rc4-1
libax25 0.0.12-rc4-1
libax25-dev 0.0.12-rc4-1

Configured AX25 access to Spider .... connect works ... I receive the
standard banner and prompt .... as soon as I send any data from my
connected client the Pi blows it's brains out ... as in kernel panic. I'm
suspecting a problem with the AX25 kernel modules but before I pursue that
I figured I would mention it here. In case this is a known issue.

Hard to get a full stack trace on the HDMI monitor because the good stuff
would scroll off. In an attempt to eliminate some of the reporting I
configured the PI to use 1 core (maxcpus=1) ... surprise .... no kernel
panic. Bumped it up to 2 cores and I got the panic again. So defiantly some
sort of problem in the multicpu code ... I did get a PHOTO of the monitor
and the stack trace.

Thoughts?? Ideas??

Cheers!

Rob, KA2PBT