[Dxspider-support] Web/HTML addon for DXspider node

dd5xx at web.de dd5xx at web.de
Sat Apr 27 21:58:27 CEST 2019

Hello folks,

I am running a DXspider v1.55 node on GNU/Linux and I am looking for a web/HTML solution which pulls the spots from my own DXspider node and display them on a web page which I host on my own. I know there are a lot of nice web clusters available but I am looking for an own solution so I can customize it.

My goals are:

- allow the user to use various filters which I want to pre-define and assign buttons to
- using websocket technology for instant push delivery of the spots from my DXspider node to the webUI. I do not want to use a MySQL db for buffering the spots.

The bad thing is I have no programming skills except basics in HTML, PHP but I am very experienced with GNU/Linux and willing to learn. There are lots of nice web DX clusters available already on the net:

- Mikes (G7VJR) dxlite cluster which allows various filtering. Very nice, but I'm looking for something that looks more like the very beautiful dxheat cluster which was developed by Tobias (DH1TW). It allows filter customization and it displays also a country flag of the spotted DXCC which you can click and retrieve more info about CQ zone etc. I stumbled over this old thread (https://tobit.co.uk/pipermail/dxspider-support/2016-July/012952.html) where Tobi explains that he published most of his work.

- Tobias (DH1TW) has published also a DX cluster parser: https://github.com/dh1tw/DX-Cluster-Parser
But as I am not familiar with Python I have no clue how to pull the information of my running DXspider node and output it on a nice Web UI with country flags and stuff like that.

- DL5DI also created a tool (http://download.prgm.org/dl5di-soft/dxspider-webcluster) but there are no option to let the user on web end decide which filters to use and this is not using websocket technology.

- Fabian, DJ1YFK has published a websocket<>telnet gateway here: https://fkurz.net/ham/stuff.html?wstelnet
But if understood correctly this doesn't suit my need either, because I don't want to get a box with raw telnet content as output.

- Stan, 9H1LO is offering his MySQL interface: http://www.9h1lo.net/dxmysql.php
but there will be a delay when pulling/displaying spots on the Web UI by this method

- DXwatch widget (https://dxwatch.com/widget)
Again I cannot use those nice widgets with my own DXspider telnet server running.

- Then there is DXfuncluster offering various widgets but unfortunately this does not use my own DXspider telnet server. I'd like to pull the spots from my own DXspider telnet server.

- the same is true for clusterea.com

- I also tried WebDX from author clarkema but wihtout success although it looks exactly what I looked for. It is using websocket but it seems this app is not maintained any more and I have no clue why it does not run on my test server although I succeeded in running the js node program. No spots are generated and pushed to the HTML page.

Is there anyone willing to help or even point me to the right direction? My goal is to get the same spots as retrieved from my own DXspider cluster node at dd5xx.dxcluster.net:7000 and the spots should be displayed in web/HTML with country flag next to the spotted callsign. I've researched and tried a lot, without success yet. Any help really appreciated. Thanks a lot to everyone in advance.

73
Saki, DD5XX