[Dxspider-support] Running DX Spider on a Raspberry PI 4 USB SSD Drive

Joe Reed joe at n9jr.com
Tue Dec 31 01:31:17 CET 2019

You don’t need to write anything to the SD card.  Burn your Raspian image, get it configured to your liking, perform a SD -> SD copy, and marking the check box to create unique partUUIDs on the destination device.  It’s a standard installed app in Buster. Once done execute blkid to get the partUUID of the root file system on the SSD.  Edit the cmdline.txt file in /boot and change the rootfs partition partUUID to that of the SSD.  Once booted you are running on the SSD and the SD is doing nothing.  And a significant performance boost.  You burn the space for the unused /boot partition on the SSD, but as you pointed out it’s cheap mass storage.

Joe Reed
joe at n9jr.com