[Dxspider-support] Connecting DX spider to TNC

Rob Roschewsk rob at pabut.org
Tue Jun 25 22:50:13 CEST 2019

Yes ......
http://www.dxcluster.org/main/installation_en.html
Specifically chapter 3 ....

But be forewarned ... there seems to a KERNEL BUG related to MULTIPROCESSOR
support in the ax25 code. On an inbound connect the kernel panics ....
completely repeatable.  I'd need to go back and look for some forum posts
but it was something to do with spinlocks. If I configure the Pi to use
only one cpu the problem goes away.

I also tried to configure the Pi to do a CRASH DUMP but never got far with
that either. A lot of the LOW LEVEL tools I'm used to are not fully
implemented on the ARM Distros.

I beat on it for a while about a year ago .... doesn't look like anyone is
maintaining the kernel AX25 code anymore.

-> Rob, KA2PBT