[Dxspider-support] Temp Files..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Mon Oct 7 21:10:23 CEST 2019

   Now that I sent this to the wrong list to start with, let's try again
to the right place..   Oops..

  Probably a Dirk question, but it seems that DXspider uses a never
ending temp file, or I see no sign of rotation, and as it's a temp name
it's not simple to just add it to a rotate script.

  I get notifications from my system ever so often that /var is getting
low, and when I look I find a file in /var/spool/dma that is loaded with
logging from the spider node.   A quick ls shows me this thing gets big..

*-rw-rw----  1 sysop  other  98642690048 Oct  7 14:16 tmp_ChMmSPN1mE*

I tend to go in and stop the node, and get rid of the file, but I had
having to boot everyone to make sure I have a truncated but usable temp
file for the node to work with.   Are there any suggestions, or
procedures for taking care of this so the drive doesn't run low, and
spider can hum along nicely for months without incident??

73's de WB3FFV

---
Howard Leadmon -howard at leadmon.net
PBW Communications, LLC