[Dxspider-support] [sysops] Temp Files..

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Oct 8 01:20:58 CEST 2019

On 07/10/2019 23:22, Howard Leadmon wrote:
> # Set the path for executing cron jobs
> PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
> * * * * *       /usr/local/sbin/dxspider.chk

What's in dxspider.chk? That is likely to be a shell script. That's
probably what you will need to modify with a >/dev/null 2>&1 . Also
sticking it in cron is what the problem actually is. It will be creating
a file of the console output for the mailer to send to you. If there is
no mailer then that file will just get bigger and bigger.

This may give you some options as a replacement:

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/systemd-alternative-on-freebsd.59932/

But I shall be switching off console output (by default) from all
variants of DXSpider tomorrow and they will be available in git. I'll
put out a message on here when it's done.

73 Dirk G1TLH