[Dxspider-support] Migration to a new server. PERL error

Gabriel - EA6VQ ea6vq at dxmaps.com
Sun Oct 27 17:36:30 CET 2019

Hello,

I am in the process of migration my DXSpider to a new server (Windows Server 2019) .  I have moved the SPIDER folder containing “DXSpider” V1.55 and also the PERL folder containing PERL 5.10.1  buy when I run it on the new server it doesn’t start. I get an error saying it can load DB_File.dll, but in fact it is in the expected folder.

This is what I get:

C:\spider\perl>perl cluster.pl
Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DB_File/DB_File.dll' for module DB_File: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/XSLoader.pm line 70.
at C:/Perl/site/lib/DB_File.pm line 252
Compilation failed in require at /spider/perl/Prefix.pm line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /spider/perl/Prefix.pm line 13.
Compilation failed in require at /spider/perl/Filter.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /spider/perl/Filter.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at /spider/perl/DXChannel.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /spider/perl/DXChannel.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at cluster.pl line 64.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at cluster.pl line 64.

I am not an expert of PERL at all, but it worked in the old server (Windows Server 2008). Any suggestion will be very much appreciated.

73. Gabriel – EA6VQ