[Dxspider-support] Corrupted storable string crash [POSSIBLE FIX]

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 18:22:26 CEST 2019

okaaay...

Please update from the repository (cd /spider; git reset --hard; git
pull). Then restart the node.

In another window run /spider/perl/create_qsl.pl
When that is finished, in a DXSpider console type: load/qsl
Then try: sh/dxqsl HG1BSB/B
and any other callsigns you care to test. A good idea might be to run a
'sh/dx 200 info via' command and pick a few actual via direct / manager
/ buro callsigns and check that they still appear in the list.

Now I don't know whether that Storable::thaw message actually means what
it says, I believe that these spots were capturing locators instead of
callsigns and that, for certain beacons, this was creating very (very)
long arrays of "managers" (i.e one per locator). Now why this crashes to
a very few people and not to others (and particularly not me) I don't
know. But I am now filtering out most locators so they don't get
captured and limiting the number of entries to 50 (configurable). The
oldest being popped off the end of the list.

As a special bonus you get the latest prefixes as well :-)

Dirk G1TLH