[Dxspider-support] missing spots in RBN view DXspider Mojo

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Aug 30 18:38:12 CEST 2020

On 30/08/2020 11:31, dd5xx--- via Dxspider-support wrote:
> I am active in CW most of the time and yesterday I found out the
> following by chance. I call CQ on different bands/frequencies and get
> registered with at least 2 RBN skimmers when I look at
> reversebeacon.net. At the same time I was connected via Telnet on the
> DXspider Mojo node S50CLX and GB7DJK and used exactly the same
> settings and filters. However, my spot was NOT registered on either or
> sometimes both those Mojo DXspider nodes, even though at least two RBN
> skimmers registered my call on the RBN. This happened yesterday
> evening a lot of times, whereas today tests worked better and I missed
> my spots only one time when watching the output of both windows. Can
> it be possible that due to the CW contest the nodes or network were
> overloaded somehow? But in my understanding the DXspider mojo nodes
> with RBN funcionality should show my CQ call because it was heard by
> minimum two RBN skimmers around the world.

I am replying to this separately because you are now the third person to
suggest to me that they would like to see "how well they are getting
out" by getting all "their" RBN spots. I have identified how to do this
without actually rewriting the mechanism that is currently in place. It
will mean someone who wants to use this will be need to run a command
(provisionally called: (un)set/rbnseeme [I am, so far, resisting the
temptation to call it (un)set/rbnselfspot ;-]). This will splurge all
the RBN spots that your base callsign appears in onto the screen with
just (the same) Q: and a single Z: for each spotter. Be warned: this
will send every spot that the RBN sends with your base call whenever
that happens. On a good day, that could be 30 or more skimmers. Every
time you call CQ. Don't blame me if your screen does not have sufficient
rows to display them all!

This is only partially implemented because, so far, I don't have a
sensible way of testing it. I don't have a working station and do no CW
(but I persuade the KX3 to that for me :-). So this will have to wait
until I am happy that it works as I expect. Which may be a week or two...

BTW I use a "cheap" (~£330) 43" 4K LG television in 60Hz 4K mode as the
development box's screen. I recommend this, but you do need to have a
video card that supports 60Hz HDMI. Many do not. It give me 171 rows at
my font size :-)

73 Dirk G1TLH