[Dxspider-support] The RBN interface is here...

Rene Olsen rene.chr.olsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 21:31:35 CEST 2020

Hi Dirk.

Thanks for the info.

I also looked at the calculations you did about the bw useage of the RBN feed itself. If there
is a lot of spider clusters connecting, they will have to deliver a lot of data.

If 200+ spider nodes connects to the raw RBN feeds, maybe they will have to do some
filtering themselves, or simply limit the number of users on there.

Is there any reason why every single spider node should receive the raw RBN data?

Would it maybe be possible to create some main "hubs", that will act as RBN feed to other
nodes? Maybe its a stupid idea, but for me who isn't able to handle the raw RBN feed, it
might be a good option to still deliver good RBN spots to my users.

Those "hubs" should receive the raw RBN feeds, and then do the filtering and pass the
filtered data on to X number of rbn enabled spider nodes.

Just a thought.

As you say yourself, 96% of the raw data is "useless", but of course needed to pick out the
good spots.

Vy 73 de René / OZ1LQH