[Dxspider-support] Nodes running in Cloud VMs (was EXPORT_USERS fill the entire disk)

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Mar 15 20:31:38 CET 2020

I have consulted someone that has a lot more experience at the sharp end
of cloud than me and one of the things he suggested is to disable any
NTP server you might be running in your VM image. The base/host machine
will already be using NTP and, likely, it will disagree with the your
NTP (configs will be different) and will thus cause a serious amount of
time jitter, If you don't run NTP in your VM, then the image should just
use the base machine clock. This *might* help as DBD is notoriously
fickle about all sorts of things that it really shouldn't be concerned
with or should handle properly itself, rather relying on the programmer
to cope with things like explicitly closing the database.

73 Dirk G1TLH