[Dxspider-support] IMPORTANT: will all sysops take action "this day"

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Mar 27 20:56:01 CET 2020

As I have mentioned in previous emails, on the Support list, entitled
"RBN Spot filtering", we are being flooded periodically with RBN spots
from a French station. This is unacceptable and we _*ALL*_ have to act
_*TOGETHER*_ to deal with this. All we need is some idiot to to start
injecting a raw RBN feed and that will cause huge problems for many.

Please will you read the emails on the support list, but if you do
nothing else, at least do this:

rej/spot node_default input 2 info db info wpm info cq
rej/spot node_default 2 info db info wpm info cq

If you know you are already using the spot reject slot no 2, then use
another one (0-9 is available).

You may already have some node specific filters (input, output or both),
you may need to look in your /spider/filters/spots directory to see
which nodes have specific filters. If you do, then you will need add
these two commands to one of the free reject slots in each node.

To see what is in your node_default do:show/filter node_default

To see what a specific node has do:show/filter <node callsign>

When you have done this, restart your node.

73 Dirk G1TLH