[Dxspider-support] Lockout a user and fail2ban

Joaquin . joaquin at cronux.net
Thu May 14 07:31:54 CEST 2020

Hi Peter,
It is true that the implementation I have done has a problem with users
with dynamic IP, I thought so.
I don't know where Dirk keeps the information of banned users. A file such
as ban_users.log could be created where the callsign and the banned IP
would be registered.
It would be relatively easy for a banned user to log in again, unbanip the
old IP and banip the new IP, update log and that's it.
The fail2ban and sudo settings will be equally valid, and the job is done.
I'll look at it.

Kin EA3CV