[Dxspider-support] GIT?

Danilo Brelih danilo.brelih at siol.net
Sun May 31 15:38:44 CEST 2020

Dirk Koopman via Dxspider-support je 31.5.2020 ob 12:14 napisal:

> Just: git checkout mojo

Already on 'mojo'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/mojo'.

Still confused as we are on v244 not 246?

> Which will get you I still don't understand why you should have the CPU issues
> when others don't. They have problems getting the update working and don't
> seem to be able understand when to do apt installs or even what that means.
> But it seems to work fine once they have the missing packages loaded.
>
> The big ticket difference is that (notwithstanding the remarks in the Changes
> file about ditching Storable) between where you are and the HEAD is that the
> Spot::search has been rewritten to leverage the Filtering system (and
> language) to do sh/dx. There should be no observable difference between old
> sh/dx and new sh/dx except that you can now use brackets, and, or and not.
> But I am aware that there may be some optimisations that I make to speed it up
> (there is an experimental one in operation which might be a issue, in that I
> am using the unix 'tac' command  to read files backwards which is much faster
> for the general case of sh/dx with no parameters other than a count, but (only
> slightly) slower doing sh/dx <callsign> on a rare call going back 100 days).
> It can be disabled, by parameter, if that's what you think is a problem.
>
> How many users/nodes do you have?

max 50/5 cpu load has stabilized

with SH/DX 21 INFO WCA i get:

S50U de S50CLX 31-May-2020 1337Z  dxspider >
      0.0              31-May-2020 1337Z                                    <>
      0.0              31-May-2020 1337Z

--

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!
http://padgura.poglej.info