[Dxspider-support] cluster will no longer start

ryan woods firefighterryan37 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 20:06:12 CET 2020

I have been running dxspider on one of my rpi's for some time now but as of
late I have not been able to connect to it. This is what I get when I run
the cluster.pl....

cluster
DXSpider V1.55, build 0.190 (git: 885bc3c[r]) started
Copyright (c) 1998-2020 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
US Database loaded
Resetting node type from U -> DXSpider ('S')
starting listeners ...
IO::Socket::INET: Address already in use
Could not create socket: Address already in use
 at /spider/perl/Msg.pm line 472.
        Msg::new_server("IntMsg", "localhost", 27754, CODE(0xed38b0))
called at /spider/perl/cluster.pl line 458
Could not create socket: Address already in use

I have done some googling but have not came up with an answer that works.
If I run netstat -tap this is what I get.

netstat -tap
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
    PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
     553/sshd
tcp        0      0 *:7300                  *:*                     LISTEN
     642/perl
tcp        0      0 localhost:27754         *:*                     LISTEN
     642/perl
tcp        0    400 dxcluster.raspberry:ssh raspberrypi:20787
ESTABLISHED 571/sshd: sysop [pr

I have checked the dxvar.pm but can't find anything wrong with the localport

Thanks for the help!

73
Ryan
KD8ATF