[Dxspider-support] RBN Callsign Rejection

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Oct 5 20:40:36 CEST 2020

There is a node wide definition of a "valid" callsign. It is a
large(ish) perl regex. It is used very frequently. It also uses the
CTY.DAT data and if that is not up to date or a special callsign isn't
in there then if both these checks fail then you will get this message.
Or, just maybe (and whisper this quietly) there is a bug!.  There are
certainly 'features' some of which might be a problem :-)

I am already aware of some issues with blizzards of leading and trailing
'/' characters which needs attention both in this area and in sh/dx.

These and other issues will be dealt with when I finally finish my (now
several weeks of) antibiotics. I am feeling much better - but not
actually well.

In the meantime, however, I need to say that will be no "white" list as
such for RBN. You can have your own local copy of cty.dat (lower case)
in /spider/local_data, add callsigns to the correct entity and then run
/spider/perl/create_prefix.pl  + 'load/prefix' in the console. That
*should* fix it - at least until the next cty.dat comes out.

73 Dirk G1TLH