[Dxspider-support] Wrong version after updating

Erwin Fiten erwin.fiten at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:21:04 CEST 2020

A month ago I installed dxspider from scratch.
If I can remember, it was 1.57 build 315 then.

Now, I was checking to update, and followed the instructions on
http://www.dxcluster.org/download/

So what do I do :
as root : /etc/init.d/dxspider stop

login as the sysop user.
git clone git://scm.dxcluster.org/scm/spider spider.new
cp -a spider.new/.git /spider
rm -rf spider.new
cd /spider
git reset --hard

This results in the following message :

HEAD is now at 94bbcdee6 new RBN.mojo, update UPGRADE.mojo and CTY-3011

exit sysop user
as root : /etc/init.d/dxspider start

Now, the welcome message tells me :

 running DXSpider V1.55 build 0.216

What do I do wrong? or what's the correct procedure to update?
I'm running debian 10, and DXspider is connecting to MariaDB

Erwin (ON8AR) sysop ON0NOL