[Dxspider-support] N2WLS-5 upgraded

Gary Wysocki, N2WLS n2wls at arrl.net
Wed Dec 1 16:31:42 GMT 2021

As of late last night, N2WLS-5 has been “upgraded” to the mojo branch. I had held off going to Mojo for quite some time. The cluster had been running on a bare metal server running Ubuntu 14.04.6 LTS.  Attempt at “upgrading” two nights ago failed miserably - cluster.pl would not do anything - would not start, would not generate error - and I’m positive that is 100% related to the age of the OS and dependencies and not at all anything to do with DXspider itself.

So I went to plan-B and added a Debian 9 container to my ProxMox VM server, did a clean install of Mojo on there, copied over my settings, connect scripts, crontab, motd files and v3 user file and ran the conversion Perl file. So now I just need to move my web interface for the cluster over to the container as time allows over the next few days. It works quite well as expected.  The VM (or CT as in this case) approach is so much nicer and automatically backs up to my ProxMox Backup System.

---
Gary Wysocki via iP