[Dxspider-support] File Moves going to Mojo..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Sat Dec 4 03:47:22 GMT 2021

  Oh do I remember then days!   I just filled a dumpster with old stuff
I had held on to for far to long, 8" floppies, modem banks, ISDN banks,
old DEC Alpha processors, and Sun processors, was amazing how ancient
some of the gear was still in storage.   No teletypes though, guess I
got rid of all of them..  I was just thinking the other day, pretty
amazing, I went though hell to get a T1/E1 line at my house long ago,
and how I was so ahead of all the modem users at that point.  Now I
actually have 10GE lit fiber in my house, and built a 10GE LAN so I
could take advantage of it. Heck the new DSspider server has multiple
10GE ports connecting it to the internet, how times change..

  On the space used by spots, I actually have logs back to 2011 from
when I first used your code I believe, but I copied some of it out, as I
didn't think it was used.   Is there any point in putting it all back
into the data directory structure, as like you said space is not an
issue.   I just assumed it was clutter and copied and then removed it.

  I like your idea of a web reg page, that would be nice, and I sure
have no issues loading a LAMP stack or whatever is needed on the
machine, pretty much anything is adjustable with overall ease.\

Oh one last question, in my crontab on the old node I had the following:

#
# Monday 1am local - Get latest FCC data (W1NR updates Sundays)
3 5 * * 1 spawn("cd /tmp && wget -Nq ftp://ftp.w1nr.net/usdbraw.gz &&
/spider/perl/create_usdb.pl usdbraw.gz")
44 5 * * 1 run_cmd("load/usdb")
50 5 * * 1 spawn("rm /tmp/usdbraw.gz")
#
# Friday 1am local - Get latest Keps to be ready for any contest
1 5 * * 5 spawn("cd /tmp && wget -Nq
https://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasabare.txt &&
/spider/perl/convkeps.pl -p nasabare.txt")
4 5 * * 5 run_cmd("load/keps")
5 5 * * 5 spawn("rm /tmp/nasabare.txt")
#
# Friday 1am local - Get latest cty.dat to be ready for any contest
4  5 * * 5 spawn("cd /spider/data && wget -Nq
https://www.country-files.com/cty/cty.dat")
6  5 * * 5 spawn("cd /spider/data && wget -Nq
https://www.country-files.com/cty/wpxloc.raw")
11 5 * * 5 spawn("cd /spider/data && /spider/perl/create_prefix.pl")
13 5 * * 5 run_cmd("load/prefixes")
#
# Connect for RBN Spots
* * * * * start_connect('sk0mmr') unless connected('sk0mmr')
* * * * * start_connect('sk1mmr') unless connected('sk1mmr')
#

  Should I still be running stuff like this?   If not, I need to clean
it up, as it's been in there for years.. LOL

---
Howard Leadmon
PBW Communications, LLC
http://www.pbwcomm.com