[Dxspider-support] Mojo Conversion, root of my troubles..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Mon Dec 6 19:37:23 GMT 2021

  Not sure if the way I did this is causing me grief or what, but this
is not being painless by any means.

  Instead of converting my node (WB3FFV-2) to Mojo, I backed it up and
setup a new site and called it WB3FFV-3.  I just restored all the files
to the new server, and let it start and run it's conversion.     What I
missed, is the user file conversion is failing, and the site is starting
up like it's a brand new node. New install is alive and going, but no
users at all on the sucker, no wonder all the registered users are gone.

  So I went back and ran the conversion again paying close attention,
and sure enough, it fails the conversion.

Here is an attempted start without the new versions of the user files:

(*) Perl path:
.:/spider/local:/spider/perl:/spider/perl5lib:/spider/perl5lib/lib/perl5/5.30.0/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi:/spider/perl5lib/lie
(*) DXSpider V1.57, build 364 (git: mojo/cafedfc0[r]) started
(*) Copyright (c) 1998-2021 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
(*) US Database loaded
(*) New User File version /spider/local_data/users.v3j does not exist,
running conversion from users.v3 or v2, please wait
using /spider/local_data/users.v3j for output
Converting the User from V3 format to users.v3j
This will take a while, maybe as much as 30 secs on very slow disks
and/or machines
can't open user file: users.v3 (Inappropriate ioctl for device) [rebuild
it from user_asc?] at /spider/perl/convert-users-v3-to-v3j.pl line 84.
(*) Exported users to /spider/local_data/user_json - 0 Users 0 Deleted 0
Errors in 1 mS ('sh/log Export' for details)
(*) WB3FFV-2 missing, run the create_sysop.pl script and please RTFM at
perl/cluster.pl line 584.
(*)  at perl/cluster.pl line 584.
(*)     main::setup_start() called at perl/cluster.pl line 829
WB3FFV-2 missing, run the create_sysop.pl script and please RTFM at
perl/cluster.pl line 584

  Needless to say, the WB3FFV-2 missing, is because there are 0 users,
the file did not convert in.   What I am not able to nail down is the
error of "Inappropriate ioctl for device".  I have checked permissions,
the files are r/w for the sysop user, I even created test files to be sure.

I thought OK, let's run the user_asc file, but it fails saying it wants
me to rebuild from user_json, which of course works but has 0 users,
hence back to square one.

$ perl data/user_asc
(trace) can't open user file: users (Permission denied) [rebuild it from
user_json?]
(trace) Stack (2): DXDebug::confess in /spider/perl/DXUser.pm line: 154
(trace) Stack (3): DXUser::init in data/user_asc line: 45

  So at the moment, the code is there and will run, but with everything
lost.   Trying to sort out how to get all my users back into the new
node so it can replace the old one eventually.   Also would changing the
name on the new node to WB3FFV-3 cause any of this, doesn't seem like it
should..

Any help most appreciated, as I am scratching my head currently..

73's...

---
Howard Leadmon - WB3FFV
PBW Communications, LLC