[Dxspider-support] Inheritance between sessions

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 17:41:33 GMT 2021

Pardon me for laying out some code here, but this is logic employed on
startup for filtering...

if $call eq 'G1TLH-2' then $nossid = 'G1TLH'

     $self->{spotsfilter} = Filter::read_in('spots', $call, 0)
         || Filter::read_in('spots', $nossid, 0)
             || Filter::read_in('spots', 'user_default', 0);

which means that if I login as -2, I would get a G1TLH-2 filter if (and
only if) I have defined one. If I haven't defined a filter for -2, but
G1TLH (nossid) has one, then I get that and, if none of these applies
then I get the user_default - assuming there is one.

NOTE: there is NO difference between the master and mojo branches in
this logic.

What show/filter does: is to show you the filter is defined (just/only)
for the callsiign that you logged in with. Meaning that in this example
it would show the filters for G1TLH-2. It does NOT show you the filters
that you might be using. Just for completeness, filters do not build up
from some base or one another (e.g user_default + nossid + call). You
get just one filter for each class of thing (spot, announce, rbn etc).

Now, you *could* say to me that this is confusing or even inadequate,
but that is how it has worked for (about) the last 25 years.

Dirk G1TLH