[Dxspider-support] Invalid callsign

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Feb 25 19:35:14 CET 2021

I don't use windows telnet.

telnet pi4cc.nl 8000
Trying 85.214.239.84...
Connected to pi4cc.nl.
Escape character is '^]'.
login: r5acq
Hello Kirill, this is PI4CC in Rotterdam area NL
running DXSpider V1.57 build 338

  Direct access to the dx-cluster: telnet dxc.pi4cc.nl:8000
  Don't use the IP address, this can change without  notice!

  Bad configured connections will be blocked automatically
  by a script for 10 minutes!
  If so, check your settings and  use a different SSID
  like <call>-1 for more than one connection.

  Need more info about PI4CC? -> Visit www.pi4cc.nl

*Echoing is currently disabled, set/echo to enable
Nodes: 31/453 Clr - Users: 109/5308 Clr Max: 228/7705 Clr - Uptime:  38d
18h 30m
R5ACQ de PI4CC 25-Feb-2021 1832Z 2.4441  dxspider >
#Connection closed by foreign host.

Moral: don't use (your version of) windows telnet. As Ian says: use
putty or puttytel

73 Dirk G1TLH