[Dxspider-support] DX spot message format (PC11?)

Martin Davies G0HDB marting0hdb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 17:06:40 CEST 2021

I guess this is a question predominantly for Dirk...

The original PacketCluster(tm) specification for the PC11 DX spot message shows a
message format of:

PC11^DXfreq^DXcall^date^time^comment-txt^user-rprt^origin-node^hops^~

However, when I look at the data in one of the daily spots log files, eg. 173.dat, I see that
instead of there being two separate fields for date and time separated by a ^ as shown above
there's a single field that contains 10 numeric characters, eg. ^1624406340^.

Does DXSpider still use the old-style PC11 message to disseminate spots or has PC11 been
superseded by a newer protocol message?  In either case, how does the 10-character
numeric string represent the date and time of a spot?

73, and thanks in advance,

--
Martin G0HDB (sysop of GB7DXC-5)