[Dxspider-support] Linking without permission?

Rene Olsen rene.chr.olsen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:49:30 BST 2022

Hi.

I finally found the time to upgrade my node.

I then also spend a bit of time looking at who connects and so on.

To my big surprise I found several callsigns showing up in my "li" command.

Callsigns taht I have not made any agreement about linking with, and of course haven't set
as nodes in my system.

Can any cluster out there, just set a callsign as node in their system, and then link to that
callsign, without any agreement with the owner of that callsign?

I will not mention any callsigns here, but it was an Italian and an English callsign, who
connected to my system, sending PC18 and the somehow my system just said "Great, lets
start sending spots, PC92 and what else to that node".

The least one can do is actually ask, before just setting some random callsign as node, and
start to link with it.

The two nodes in question have been locked out, since I don't want links on my system that I
have not agreed to.

Is it "normal" behaviour to just link to other nodes without telling them?

Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH