[Dxspider-support] New build, things not working from within crontab

Keith Maton g6nhu at me.com
Mon Dec 5 20:39:40 GMT 2022

First of all, I tried with ; instead of && but it made no difference.

When I run the command to change ownership, I’m getting a bunch of errors straight away that it can’t change the ownership on some of the files.

The current owner of these files is root, shouldn’t I be doing this as su - root rather than su - sysop?  Because sysop doesn’t have permission to change ownership as they’re currently owned by root.

feek at ShackStudio ~ % ssh sysop at 192.168.1.8

Last login: Mon Dec  5 20:06:33 2022 from 192.168.1.150
sysop at dx-spider-mojo:~ $ su - sysop -c "cd /home/sysop"
Password:
sysop at dx-spider-mojo:~ $ su - sysop -c "chown -R sysop.spider spider"
Password:
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/scripts/startup': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/connect/pi4cc': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/spots': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local/Keps.pm': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_cmd/crontab': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/data/wpxloc.old': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/filter/spots/G6NHU.pl': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/usdb.v1': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/prefix_data.pl': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/spots': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/debug/2022/337.dat': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/debug/2022': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/debug': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/wcy': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/dxqsl.v1j': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/log/2022/12.dat': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/log/2022': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/log': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/usdb.v1.old': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/wwv': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/badword.new': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data/rbn_cache': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of 'spider/local_data': Operation not permitted