[Dxspider-support] Hop counts

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 30 18:41:48 GMT 2022

Can someone explain to me why my cluster receives some dx spots with a hop count of say H3 or lower from one of my node links and almost immediately receives another identical spot almost immediately from another node partner with a hop count of H97.  This first one is sent out to my node connections with a hop count of H2 or less, which means it should soon be hopped out and not further forwarded.  Why is some intermediate node doing this.  Is it an attempt to sabotage the distribution of some spots?

Hop numbers from a couple of specific nodes are particularly low.  These include W1NR, F5LEN-3 and EA6VQ-2.

73 Lee VE7CC