[Dxspider-support] Ancillaries (databases, msgs, contests etc)

Julian M-0-IPU dxspider at gmx.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 07:45:58 GMT 2022

Hi all. I have decided to aggregate the following quizzes into one post. I
hope that's OK.

I. OZ7C database. I followed the instructions in the oz7c readme.txt.
dbcreate qsl; dbimport /home/my_dir/qsl.ful qsl; dbcreate mgr; dbimport
/home/my_dir/mgr.ful mgr . On dbimport I am getting "Sorry, database
/home/sysop/spider/OZ7C/qsl.ful (mgr.ful)  doesn't exist here". Paths -
check, permissions - check, ownership - check, capitalisation - check.

II.  Databases mentioned in Internet.pm. DX425 seems pretty much out. ///
IK3QAR - I didn't get a password reply from the Paolo. Nothing in the spam
folder either; unless he had sent it, but the email got purged by some mail
server spam filter on its way down. /// I can see the path to QRZ has
changed to a wrong one in the latest Internet pms, www.qrz.com rather than
xmldata.qrz.com.

III. Has anyone managed to recently/successfully add a contest host/database
to the DX node?

IV. Are there any ways to forward msgs from a DX node towards a BPQ Mail or
FBB, DX spider residing on a different PC?

V. Any other databases, hosts out there (got the usdb with daily pulls and
the above working ones)?

73 de J, MzeroIPU YOthreeFCA