[Dxspider-support] Couple of newbie questions

dxspider at richard.dervan.net dxspider at richard.dervan.net
Thu Jul 28 15:51:14 BST 2022

I had a couple of newbie questions that I can't seem to find the answer to
in the Wiki.

1.	It seems only the sysop can do a "dx by <spotter>" to have the
spotter callsign shown.  Using any other call when logging in gives me a
"not allowed" message.  How can I allow another callsign to spot this way?
I have a script running on the same local AWS instance to populate spots, so
it's not connecting remotely.
2.	When I set a password and use the "sysop" command remotely, I get
something like 22 87 97 17 33.  How does this work if my password is only 12
characters?  Obviously I have no 97th character to go to.

Thanks for any assistance!

de Richard N1RBD

https://www.avg.com