[Dxspider-support] Dxspider on VPS

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue May 17 22:58:58 BST 2022

On 17/05/2022 19:41, Ik2wad Joe via Dxspider-support wrote:
> My main question is: - on the VPS do I have to redo the installation?
Just create a new sysop user on the new machine, ln -s /home/sysop
/spider, then copy across the whole spider tree from the old machine to
the new one.

> - Can I transfer all the connection and user files?

The above step will do that already.

Once you have the whole tree on the new machine and you are logged in as
the sysop user:

cd perl
./cluster.pl

This will either work, or it will fail and ask for missing packages.
Install them and try again. Repeat this until the warnings go away. If
you are on the mojo branch you can pre-install the list of packages in
/spider/UPGRADE.mojo

When it works, try running ./console.pl in another session. You will
likely have to install the Curses package.

That should be it apart from sorting out the automatic starting of
cluster.pl which is distribution dependent.