[Dxspider-support] DXCluster with Hamradiodeluxe Software

info at qo100sat.de info at qo100sat.de
Sat May 21 14:05:26 BST 2022

Hi everyone.

Since update of Ham Radio Deluxe Program to announced Version 6.8.0.1, the
DX Cluster function coming up with an error:

Encountered an improper argument.

After clicking OK Button, the error did not appear again while receiving DX
Cluster Messages .. until restart the program.

I have contacted the Ham Radio Deluxe Program Support, i received an answer
like:

Ask Dirk how to upgrade to actual version of DX Cluster and the hint, to use
an other DX Cluster like WA9PIE-2.

WA9PIE-2 works fine, it didn't appear with this error.

My question: Where is the problem with my Cluster Version?

This one works fine:

wa9pie-2  /  telnet hrd.wa9pie.net 8000  -  DXSpider V1.57 build 439

Capabilities: ve7cc rbn

This one (my own) come back with this error in HRD program:

dl4dac-2 /  terlnet dl4dac.ben2.de 7300  -  DXSpider V1.57 build 441

Capabilities: ve7cc rbn

I just installed yesterday the new version build 441, the version before
(which was running until this weekend) like build 3XX produces also this
error.

It would be nice to get any ideas from you, maybe there are some more hams
which are using the HRD DXCluster System.

Many greetings, stay safe

Thanks Dirk for the Cluster Software and your Support. I think you invest a
lot of time with it.

73 Thomas / DL4DAC