[Dxspider-support] Remove old spots and data

Jan cluster at pa4jj.nl
Mon May 30 16:09:34 BST 2022

Hello

I am running DX-Spider ver. 1.57 build 441 on a raspberry Pi zero W.

When I used ver.1.55 build 249 there was a script called spider saved in
etc/cron.daily/spider which removed
data in /spider/data/log, /spider/data/debug and /spider/data/spots

So with the build 441 the path now should be
/spider/local_data/log, /spider/local_data/debug and
/spider/local_data/spots

So to remove older spots I have these lines:

#!/bin/sh We need to delete old files.
spiderdir="/spider/local_data/spots/2022"
if [ -n "$spiderdir" ] && [ -d"$spiderdir" ]; then
# only keep three days' depth of these
find "$spiderdir" -type f -mtime +3 -exec rm {} \; fi

I did chmod a+x spider

But I the spots are not removed. I still see spots starting  may 20 til
may 30
(which should be may27 til may 30)

What is wrong?
Do I need to place the script elswhere or maybe use a complete different
one?

Please some help

--
73
Jan

My dxspider clusters running 24/7 on a raspberry pi 2
pa4jj-2 telnet 77.174.195.163 port 7300
pa4jj-3 telnet 77.174.195.163 port 7388