[Dxspider-support] Remove old spots and data

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue May 31 14:25:56 BST 2022

The operating system isn't really relevant here. But you must not remove
the /spider/data nor the /spider/local_data directories and if you
remove any of the directories (e.g. log, spots) under these paths the
behaviour is undefined (at best) and should not be done at run time *at
all*. In principle you *could* remove old or unused directories at the
next level down (e.g. /spider/local_data/spots/2021 or
/spider/data/spots/2021) at any time, but removing a directory that is
in use (i.e. spots/2022) whilst running would likely cause problems.

Dirk G1TLH