[Dxspider-support] Problems with registration and password

Joaquin joaquin at cronux.net
Wed Nov 2 08:29:29 GMT 2022

Hi Dirk,

I have activated the registration and the password in an EA4URE-6 test node.
So far everything seemed to be going well, but when doing extensive
tests with it, I have noticed a malfunction in certain cases, which does
not seem to follow a clear pattern.

When logging in with unregistered users, I get "Connection closed by
foreign host.", but it doesn't always happen.
I have tried combinations with users without registration or passwords
such as EA9X, EA9XX, EA9XXX, seeing that the first two close the
connection, and that the last one accesses.
The same with EA0X, EA0XX, EA0XXX, ... but with others the answer changes.
Examples:

login: *ea9x*
password:
Sorry
Connection closed by foreign host.

login: *ea9xx*
password:
Sorry
Connection closed by foreign host.

login: *ea9xxx*
password:
Hello EA9XXX, this is EA4URE-6 in Madrid, Spain

login: *ea0a*
password:
Sorry
Connection closed by foreign host.

login: *ea0aa*
password:
Sorry
Connection closed by foreign host.

login: *ea0aaa*
password:
Sorry
Connection closed by foreign host.

login: *ec3b*
password:
Sorry
Connection closed by foreign host.

login: *ec3bh*
password:
Hello EC3BH, this is EA4URE-6 in Madrid, Spain

login: *tf1a*
password:
Hello Ari, this is EA4URE-6 in Madrid, Spain

login: *tf1aa*
password:
Sorry
Connection closed by foreign host.

login: *tf1aaa*
password:
Sorry
Connection closed by foreign host.

My scripts/startup contains:

set/var $main::reqreg = 1
set/var $main::passwdreq = 1

My version:
DXSpider v1.57 (build 444 git: mojo/53b251b7[r])

I would appreciate your help Dirk.

73 de Kin EA3CV