[Dxspider-support] Number of spots in CQWW CW?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 16:21:27 GMT 2022

Erm...

That sounds like a "bad thing[tm]", doesn't it?  Surely a direct feed
from the RBN has been a feature of contest programs for quite a while.
All DXSpider does is curate somewhat to reduce (and distribute)  the
bandwidth requirements, whilst trying to retain (and condense) the
richness of information available. So I am struggling to understand why
overall spot numbers have changed because of my stuff.

I have another suggestion. The last two years have had many (most?)
people at home for (far) more time than usual - for some reason or
other. Even though this is a weekend contest, I wonder whether all this
enforced time at home meant that more non-work related related jobs that
would, under normal work condx, be done at the weekend, got done during
the week instead. Thus leaving more time (and concentration levels)
available for contesting. This year, things have got back to more normal
patterns, but now everything has got much more expensive very quickly.
Maybe people are actually having to work more to pay their bills and
have much less time for hobbies.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick (again)?

73 Dirk G1TLH